Haffey Sports Grounds, based on the outskirts of Portadown is a leading contractor specialising in civil engineering and sports grounds projects, comprising of large scale ground works for schools, local authorities and sports grounds ranging from small maintenance jobs to large construction projects in excess of £1million.
Haffey Sports Grounds is looking to recruit a Chargehand to expand their growing team.
ABOUT THE JOB
Reporting to the Contracts Manager the successful candidate will supervise a range site-based activities, including team members and will work as part of the team giving instruction and guidance to ensure that all projects are delivered to the required standards, on time, within budget, whilst maximising client satisfaction.
- Work closely with the Contracts Manager to ensure work is completed in accordance with the contract specification;
- Ensure Health and Safety rules are being followed on site at all times;
- Coordinate daily tasks according to priorities and plans, adjusting as necessary due to weather, supply delivery and personnel;
- Ability to delegate responsibilities and individual tasks to staff and contractors;
- Ensure that allocated resources and staffing are utilised maximising output whilst meeting safety needs, regulations, best practices, laws and project schedule;
- Ensure the safe use of tools, machinery and equipment including training on safety gear, helmets, and procedures as designated by the Contracts Manager;
- Develop and oversee quality standards;
- Resolve conflicts or miscommunication on site quickly and amicably;
- Completion of all necessary paperwork.
- Previous experience as a team leader, preferably in sports grounds;
- Demonstrate relevant Health and Safety training;
- Team player who can oversee supervisors and site personnel whilst motivating them to achieve completion within specified time and budget;
- Full clean Driving Licence and be able to travel throughout Ireland;
- Knowledge of construction best practices;
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints and convey this information to others;
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills;
- Ability to communicate and report effectively.
- Experience in sports grounds industry;
- Experience in civil engineering projects;
- CSR Card.
- Competitive salary depending on experience and will be discussed at interview;
- Transport provided to and from sites;
- Personal Protective Equipment (gloves, eye protection, ear protection, waterproofs, hi vis, boots) provided.
- Overnight accommodation and allowance provided as required.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful business who are continually growing. The successful candidate will have a key role in the continued growth of the company as we strive towards expansion.
Interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Haffey Sports Grounds is an equal opportunities employer. All candidates’ information will be dealt with in a strictly confidential manner.